15 Best Apps to Learn Hindi Quickly and Fluently (2021)
Are you looking to learn Hindi online? Even though it’s one of the most spoken languages in the world, it is still difficult to find high-quality apps to learn Hindi. Look no further though!
These are 15 of the best apps to learn Hindi available today.
To find the best apps to learn Hindi, I scoured the internet to find which apps taught Hindi in the first place. Then I read through reviews on other review sites, like PCMag.com and Trustpilot.com, to see what people said about them.
After that, I tried each of these apps myself (plus a few more apps that didn’t make the list!). After I compared these Hindi learning apps and found the best ones, I ranked them based on what their strongest features were. And that’s the list below!
Without further ado, these are the best apps to Learn Hindi:
|Overall Best Hindi Learning App||Rocket Languages||Jump to Details|
|Best App to Learn Hindi for Beginners||Mondly||Jump to Details|
|Best Hindi Podcast App||HindiPod101||Jump to Details|
|Best Hindi App for Speaking with Natives||italki||Jump to Details|
|Best App to Find Hindi Tutors Online||Preply||Jump to Details|
|Best App to Learn Hindi Vocabulary||Drops||Jump to Details|
|Best App with Hindi Audio Lessons||Pimsleur||Jump to Details|
|Best App to Learn Hindi Letters and Alphabet||Learn Hindi Free||Jump to Details|
|Best App for Learning Hindi Words in Context||Clozemaster||Jump to Details|
|Best Hindi Learning App for Reading||Beelinguapp||Jump to Details|
|Best App to Learn Hindi by Immersion||Rosetta Stone||Jump to Details|
|Best App to Make Hindi Flashcards||Memrise||Jump to Details|
|Best Hindi App to Practice Speaking||Tandem||Jump to Details|
|Best Free Hindi Learning App||Duolingo||Jump to Details|
|Best Hindi Dictionary App||Hindi by Nemo||Jump to Details|
Rocket Languages has been a leader in the language learning industry for years. Because of this, you can count on the Rocket Languages Hindi course to be pretty high-quality.
The conversations you’ll hear in the Rocket Languages Hindi course mimic what you’ll hear in everyday life in India. That (and its price) is what makes it the overall best app to learn Hindi – it teaches you real Hindi.
The Rocket Hindi course also helps you learn Hindi progressively. It doesn’t overwhelm you with a bunch of grammar lessons. Instead, you learn the language through conversations that become more advanced over time. To me, this is one of the best ways to learn Hindi online.
- Comprehensive course takes you from beginner to conversational
- The lessons are high quality and make the most of your study time
- All audio is from native speakers
- In the long run, it may be cheaper than other apps
The Rocket Hindi course costs $99.95 for lifetime access. There is also a 60-day money back guarantee in case you buy the course and change your mind.
Sign up now for a free trial to Rocket Languages Hindi.
Mondly Hindi uses advanced technology to help you learn the language. The learning activities in the Mondly Hindi course are very similar to those in Duolingo. The difference between the two is that you can track your learning statistics more easily in Mondly.
- Useful conjugation tables to help you understand how to conjugate verbs
- High quality audio voiced by native speakers (not a computer voice)
- Structured course but offers flexibility if you want to skip to different lessons
- Spaced repetition helps you remember new vocabulary more effectively
The Mondly app costs $9.99 per month, but you can get it for cheaper if you buy a longer subscription. You can access some lessons for free, but a premium subscription lets you access the entire course as well as additional features.
Give Mondly a try by signing up for a free 7-day trial.
HindiPod101 is a podcast that has lessons in both audio and video formats. In addition to improving your Hindi listening skills, there are also a lot of extra learning materials to help you improve your other skills.
The main focus of HindiPod101 is understanding everything you hear. The lessons are helpful for both beginner and intermediate students. Over time, the pace of the episodes speeds up. Before you know it, you’ll be listening to fluent Hindi without any problems!
- Quality of content is high and there are always new lessons
- It builds on what you already know so you don’t get overwhelmed
- Lessons use native speakers to help you understand real Hindi
- You have the option to take private Hindi lessons
HindiPod101 offers three subscription types: Basic, Premium, and Premium+. A Basic subscription starts at $8.00 per month, Premium starts at $25.00 per month, and Premium+ starts at $47.00 per month. All of them offer a discount if you get a longer subscription.
Sign up and try HindiPod101 free for 7 days.
iTalki is an online platform where you can take private lessons with online Hindi tutors. They are all native speakers, and they are happy to help you learn their language. In my opinion, practicing with native speakers is the best way to learn a language.
This allows you to immerse yourself in the language from the beginning. You also learn more about the cultural aspects of the language.
iTalki is a really easy platform to use, too. You can filter the tutors based on languages they speak, their price or availability, and other factors.
- Most tutors offer free or discounted trial lessons so you can try different tutors
- You are in control of what you learn – just tell your tutor!
- Some tutors offer structured courses and discounts if you book multiple lessons
- The italki platform and app are simple and straightforward
- italki will refund your payment if your tutor doesn’t show up to the lesson
Tutors set their own prices on italki, so you can always find someone who will fit your budget. Online Hindi lessons on italki can cost anywhere from $3.00 to over $40.00 per hour.
Sign up to take a trial lesson with a native Hindi speaker today.
Preply is another platform that connects online Hindi tutors with students from around the world. Similar to iTalki, you can filter Preply Hindi tutors by price and availability. Most of the tutors offer a discounted trial lesson, so it’s a good idea to try a couple different tutors. This will help you find one who matches your learning style.
Preply also offers a guarantee that you’ll be happy with your tutor. If you aren’t, you can try another Preply Hindi tutor for free! This is a really nice guarantee because you really have nothing to lose.
- Preply is one of the biggest platforms to find a Hindi tutor online
- It’s safe and secure and each tutor has to be approved by Preply
- You can choose what to study or follow your tutor’s curriculum
Preply tutors set their own prices. You can find lessons for as cheap as $4.00 per hour. You can also take a discounted trial lesson with any tutor.
Try Preply today to find an online Hindi tutor.
Drops is a next-generation flashcard app. At its core, Drops helps you learn Hindi words quickly and effectively. It’s really good at it, too. You’ll learn the words you need in everyday life and a lot more!
Drops also teaches you how to write in Hindi! In a lot of apps, you can only memorize the letters and click them in the learning activities. Drops Hindi actually teaches you how to write each letter, stroke by stroke.
Learn more about the app in this Drops review.
- The Hindi vocabulary lists are useful and cover any topic you can think of
- There are animations and audio for each word to help you remember it
- It only takes a few minutes to learn new words every day
- You can learn to write the Hindi alphabet quickly and easily
You can use Drops for free for 5 minutes every day. If you want to use it more and access additional features, you’ll need a premium subscription. This starts at $9.99 per month, but gets cheaper if you get a longer subscription.
Sign up for a free 7-day trial to start learning new vocabulary.
Pimsleur language courses are well-known and very popular. The Hindi course is packed with audio lessons that will get you speaking as soon as you start listening.
The Pimsleur Hindi course stands out from a lot of other apps because you can take the lessons anywhere – from home, in the car, even while you’re exercising.
The quality of the audio is high and listening to native speakers on a consistent basis will help you understand more clearly and improve your pronunciation.
- The course is full of audio lessons that will improve your conversation skills
- It’s comprehensive and is a good starting point for complete beginners
- You’ll learn the Hindi that people actually speak, not just random phrases
Try Pimsleur free for 7 days and start speaking Hindi right now.
The name of this app is pretty self-explanatory. The great thing about it is that it actually is free! With the Learn Hindi Free app, you can practice reading the alphabet and learn words and phrases about different topics.
The popup ads may be a little distracting for some people, but ads are pretty typical in free apps. I think the ads are a little excessive in this app, but the content is also high-quality.
- Learn to write and type in Hindi correctly
- Complete different activities to learn new words and phrases
- Native Hindi speakers pronounce the words
Learn Hindi Free is completely free! However, it’s only available on Android devices and not Apple devices.
Download Learn Hindi Free to learn the Hindi alphabet.
Clozemaster is a cool app that lets you learn words in different contexts. It’s one thing to learn vocabulary words by themselves, but a lot of words can be used in different ways.
Clozemaster helps you learn how to use words in a more natural and fluent way. You can choose multiple choice or fill-in-the-blank exercises to practice. There are also more features, which you can read about in this Clozemaster review.
- Quick and easy exercises to learn new words in context
- Good quality audio to help improve your pronunciation
- Grammar exercises help you correctly conjugate verbs
- Game-like environment helps you stay motivated
Clozemaster is free to use and includes a lot of content. If you want access to even more features, like grammar exercises and unlimited practice, you can subscribe to Clozemaster Pro. This costs $8.00 per month or you can get a yearly subscription for $60.00. There’s a 30-day money back guarantee, too!
Sign up for a free Clozemaster account to start practicing.
Beelinguapp lets you read stories in both Hindi and English – at the same time! By reading through the stories side-by-side, you can pick up a lot more vocabulary and context. Reading is also a good way to build up your comprehension quickly.
Beelinguapp has quite a few stories to choose from, as well as news articles and other content. It’s best if you already know the basics of reading Hindi before you use Beelinguapp though.
- Read stories side-by-side in Hindi and English
- A lot of content to read, from fairytales to news articles
- Some content also has audio so you can listen as you read
Beelinguapp offers limited content for free. You can also buy some content directly for around $1.00. If you use the app a lot, it may be worth subscribing for $1.99 per month because this gives you access to all of the app’s content.
Try Beelinguapp for free to improve your Hindi reading skills.
Rosetta Stone has been around for a while and the company advertises everywhere. You may have heard of Rosetta Stone already.
The Rosetta Stone Hindi course is an effective way to learn how to speak Hindi because it immerses you in Hindi from the beginning. There are no translations. I really like this aspect of it!
Rosetta Stone Hindi is great for beginners because you can learn a lot of words and phrases without having to translate them in your head. This is great if you want to improve your beginner conversational skills!
- Completely immerse yourself in Hindi from the moment you start learning
- High quality audio and video help you understand the lessons better
- Only listen to native speakers during the lessons
- Accurate voice recognition technology improves your pronunciation
A subscription to Rosetta Stone costs $36.00 for 3 months, and you get a discount if you buy a longer subscription. This is pretty reasonable when compared to other apps.
Sign up now and get a free 3-day trial of the Rosetta Stone Hindi course.
Memrise is the best app to learn Hindi if you like to study with flashcards. When you start the Memrise Hindi course, you can choose from a bunch of different topics to learn. Similar to Drops, Memrise has a lot of useful vocabulary words in Hindi.
It uses spaced repetition to help you learn and remember the words. There is also audio and video to help you improve your listening skills, too. Discover more features in this Memrise review.
- High quality app that is easy to use and navigate
- The Hindi content includes useful words and phrases you need to know
- Community members create their own custom vocabulary lists you can use
You can access limited content on Memrise for free. This is a great way to try it out! If you want access to all of the content, you can get a premium subscription for $9.00 per month (it’s cheaper to get a longer subscription).
Try Memrise for free to start learning new Hindi vocabulary.
If you want to practice speaking (or texting) Hindi, Tandem is the best option. It’s an app that lets you talk to Hindi speakers around the world in an informal way.
It’s a community of language learners and lovers around the world who want to help each other. There are also additional features that let you translate what you want to say and have your language partners correct you.
- Easily chat with Hindi speakers around the world
- Unlimited texting in a relaxed and informal environment
- Additional features available to enhance your conversations
- Find language partners that live near you
It’s free to chat with people and there’s no limit. However, some of the more advanced features like finding people near you are only available in the premium plan. This costs $6.99 per month, but gets cheaper with longer subscriptions.
Sign up for a free Tandem account and start chatting in Hindi today.
Duolingo is one of the most popular language apps in the world. It’s also completely free!
It has a full Hindi course that you can work through and its lessons will improve all of your communication skills. It’s best for beginner Hindi students because the content doesn’t get too advanced.
- Complete Hindi course available for free
- Improve your writing, reading, listening, and speaking
- The content covers everyday situations
Duolingo is completely free to use, but it is ad-supported. This means your lessons may be interrupted by advertisements every once in a while. If you want to go ad-free and access some more features, you can subscribe to Duolingo Plus for $6.99 per month.
Start taking Duolingo’s free Hindi course today.
Hindi by Nemo is the best choice if you’re looking for a Hindi dictionary app. The app has audio for every single word or phrase, which is why I included it in the list.
You can also download the audio and listen to it when you don’t have internet access, which is a huge perk. Some other apps charge money for offline access!
I really like the Nemo apps because it’s so easy to personalize them. You can practice what you want when you want.
- High quality audio to hear native speakers pronounce words
- Completely personalized learning experience lets you focus on words you want to learn
- Bedtime Mode helps you review everything you learned at the end of each day
Hindi by Nemo is completely free to use!
There are so many benefits of learning Hindi, and using an app to learn Hindi is one of the easiest ways to do it.
India is one of the biggest economic powers in the world today. Indians have made significant contributions to the arts, sciences, and business for centuries. Speaking Hindi will allow you to unlock a lot of different doors and immerse yourself in this very important culture.
Most of us can’t travel to India to learn Hindi though. Using language apps can help you immerse yourself in the language and culture right from your own home. They’re also flexible and you can learn whenever you want. All you need is a little time and motivation!
I hope you find the apps on this helpful. After all, they are the best apps to learn Hindi! All 15 of them made the list for different reasons, and they each offer something unique.
You just need to try out a few of them and see which ones work best for you. Using more than one app can also help you learn faster and more efficiently, too!